PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero), Tbk.

PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero), Tbk (BNI) was founded in 1946 as a central bank in Indonesia under the name “Bank Negara Indonesia”. In 1968, it became “Bank Negara Indonesia 1946“, a state-owned commercial bank with a mandate to improve the economy and participate in national development.

  • In 1992, BNI changed its legal status to a limited liability company and in 1996, it became the first state-owned enterprise to list its shares on the Jakarta and Surabaya stock exchanges. To strengthen its financial structure and competitiveness, BNI has undergone various corporate actions, including recapitalisation, government share divestment, and a limited public offering.

  • BNI’s Articles of Association have been amended several times to comply with Indonesian law on limited liability companies. The latest changes were approved in 2015 to align with Deed No. 35 dated March 17, 2015. Currently, the government of Indonesia owns 60% of BNI shares, and the remaining 40% is owned by the public, both domestic and foreign.

  • BNI is the fourth-largest bank in Indonesia based on total assets, total loans, and total third-party funds. To provide integrated financial services, BNI has several subsidiaries, including Bank BNI Syariah, BNI Multifinance, and BNI Sekuritas.

PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero), Tbk – London Branch.

BNI London, also known as the London Branch, has been in operation since December 29, 1986, after receiving its license (No. 3189d) from the Bank of England’s Banking Supervision Division.

  • As the only Indonesian bank with a branch license to operate in the UK, BNI London is situated in the heart of the City of London, a key financial centre.

  • The branch offers a range of services to corporate customers, including trade finance, treasury, and remittance services. Additionally, it plays a crucial role in supporting BNI’s mission to expand its global network and provide access to financial services across the world.

  • BNI London’s team of experienced professionals is dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service and support to help clients meet their financial needs and business objectives.

  • As a regulated entity under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA), with register number 204622, customers can trust BNI London to provide secure and reliable financial services.